Somic America is searching for a passionate Maintenance Technician that is looking for an opportunity to join our fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment! Take this opportunity to join our team by applying today!
- Fast paced automotive manufacturing environment – Machining, Assembly, Plating
- 15 Years in Wytheville – part of a Global company with over 100 years of experience
- Stable and growing customer base
- Extremely clean manufacturing facility
- Excellent medical and dental benefits – low cost to employees – benefits are effective the first of the month after the month hired – additional tobacco free discount
- Patient Advocacy
- STD/LTD Insurance at no cost to employee
- 401(k) contribution with company match
- Life insurance at two times annual salary at no cost to employee
- 10 Paid Holidays per year – eligible upon hire
- Vacation eligible during your first year
- Sick Time
- Parental Leave
- Clothing allowance including safety shoes and safety glasses
- Quarterly incentive bonus
- Quarterly appreciation luncheon
- Must have a solid work ethic and the ability to work in a repetitive, fast-paced environment
3rd Shift MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – Essential duties, responsibilities, and requirements:
Work Hours: 3rd Shift (11:00pm to 7:00am)
Hourly Position – Salary based on experience.
Installs, repairs and maintains mechanical and electrical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment. Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Mechanically and electrically troubleshoot equipment
- Repair equipment
- Preventative Maintenance
- Recycle used coolant
- Fabrication of jigs, fixtures, machine parts, etc.
- Installation of new equipment
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers and engineers to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Pushes buttons and presses keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Maintain and provide a safe work area and work in a safe manner.
- Submit suggestions for improvements.
ADVANCED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Preferred, not required
- Able to troubleshoot PLC and CNC programs.
- Journeyman level electrician or higher.
- Can specify, install and integrate automation controls such as proximity sensors, laser sensors, digital micrometers, vision systems, level controls, pressure measurements, etc.
- Ability to edit and write HMI programs.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor and Facilities Manager to manage the PM program.
- Understands Robotic systems and programming methods.
- Able to weld all applicable materials.
- Able to troubleshoot and maintain Cognex and other applicable Vision Systems.
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training is desired.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, blueprints and related electrical/mechanical documents.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
AUTHORITY LEVEL – Shut down equipment/process for safety/reliability reasons.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
To apply, fill out our online job application. and/or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org