2nd Shift and 3rd Shift Machining Operators Needed : 3:00pm to 11:00pm; 11:00pm to 7:00am – $13.07 Per Hour (Includes Shift Differential) – to $13.57 in 90 days
- Fast paced manufacturing environment to include assembly, machining, plating, material handling, team leading
- 15 Years in Wytheville – part of a Global company with over 100 years of experience
- Stable and growing customer base
- Extremely clean manufacturing facility
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
- On-the-job training
- Traditional 3-shift operation
- Excellent medical and dental benefits – low cost to employees – benefits are effective the first of the month after the month hired – additional tobacco free discount
- STD/LTD Insurance at no cost to employee
- 401(k) contribution with company match
- Life insurance at two times annual salary at no cost to employee
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Vacation eligible during your first year
- Clothing allowance including safety shoes and safety glasses
- Opportunity to cross-train on different equipment
- Paid 30 minute lunch break
- Perfect attendance bonus
- Quarterly incentive bonus
- Quarterly appreciation luncheon
- Must have a solid work ethic and the ability to work in a repetitive, fast-paced environment
- Must have the willingness to come to work – every day and on time
- Machining experience preferred but not required
- Two Year Machine Technology Certification desired
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Feeds or removes material from machines.
- Sets up and operates numerical control machine to machine components to specifications.
- Removes material from boxes and places on conveyor or in fixture.
- Fills hoppers with material as required.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Measures and inspects parts for conformance to specifications.
- Adjusts machine, clears jams according to procedure when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Notifies Team Leader or Supervisor of discrepancies.
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions of finished component.
- Attaches fixture to machine and positions and secures workpiece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Assembles cutting tools in toolholders and positions toolholders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Completes line PM’s (planned maintenance) as assigned.
- Confirms that all “mistake proofing” devices are operational.
- Maintains and provides a safe work area and work in a safe manner.
- Submit suggestions for improvements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two year Machine Technology Certification – desirable
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand eight (8) or more hours a day; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- close vision, requires 20/40 near vision, can be with correction;
- distance vision, requires 20/40 far vision, can be with correction;
- color vision, requires both red/green, blue/violet and silver/gold discrimination;
- depth perception, accurate depth perception required;
- peripheral vision; minimum 160 degrees; and
- ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Facility is not air conditioned.
To apply, fill out our online job application.