- Fast paced manufacturing environment to include assembly, machining, plating, material handling, team leading
- Manufacturer of steering and suspension components to the automotive industry
- 15 Years in Wytheville – part of a Global company with over 100 years of experience
- Stable and growing customer base
- Extremely clean manufacturing facility
- Excellent medical and dental benefits – low cost to employees – benefits are effective the first of the month after the month hired – additional tobacco free discount
- Patient Advocacy
- STD/LTD Insurance at no cost to employee
- 401(k) contribution with company match
- Life insurance at two times annual salary at no cost to employee
- 10 Paid Holidays per year – eligible at hire
- Vacation eligible during your first year
- Sick Time
- Parental Leave
- Clothing allowance including safety shoes and safety glasses
- Quarterly incentive bonus
- Quarterly appreciation luncheon
- Must have a solid work ethic and the ability to work in a repetitive, fast-paced environment
Responsible for providing a variety of engineering support by maintaining documentation control, developing cost effective production improvements, and providing engineering support to the production operation. Satisfy SA’s Quality goals and objectives in completion of activities or duties (reference SA Quality Manual and Quality Policy). Performs assigned role in the Environmental Management System (EMS) in accordance with 32-01-01.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods. If necessary provide technical assistance for repair.
- Plans and implements cost effective improvements in production procedures, workpiece fixturing, tooling, line layout, and automation in close relationship with production.
- Trains and develops operators to ensure the production of quality components to customer requirements.
- Performs engineering studies to determine the need for new, replacement, or modification of machinery or equipment on a project needed basis.
- Communicates with machine manufacturers to resolve technical problems.
- Assists and/or generates drawings for special fixtures or devices.
- Generates drawings for changes to electrical circuits.
- Updates drawings and documentations of changes. Informs Maintenance Department if changes impact spare parts inventory.
- Provides assistance for the development of a planned maintenance program.
- Performs special projects that require engineering analysis.
- Observes and consults with other departments in areas of quality and safety.
- Creates machine specifications for new equipment. Coordinates new equipment purchases, pre & final acceptance runoffs and assist in production start-ups.
- Approves any electrical changes to all production machinery.
- Directs and actively involves representatives from all affected areas during the initial process potential FMEA process.
- Maintains and provides a safe work area and work in a safe manner.
- Submits suggestions for improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee has authority in the following areas:
- Shut down any equipment for safety and reliability issues.
- Modify equipment and tooling with proper testing, documentation and communications.
- Evacuate plant in emergency situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Within the first 60 days of the job, SPC, Gage Use, and Understanding QMS-05 training must be completed.
Must be Authorized to work in the US and willing to Relocate to Wytheville VA at your own expense.
To apply, send resume to Rena.Cater@somicamerica.com