The ideal candidate will have experience in managing all manufacturing and support activities for a facility supplying suspension and steering components to major OEM’s and other Tier One and Tier Two customers. This candidate must provide leadership to a staff of professional department managers whose focus is safety, product quality, cost reduction, process management, training, team building, and supply chain management. Knowledge of working with Japanese automotive and lean culture is essential. The candidate will also have an ability to follow safety, environmental and federal/state compliance guidelines diligently in order to create a safe, healthy and productive work environment for all employees.
- Uphold and participate in formulating and administering company policies and the development of long-range company goals and objectives.
- Assists department managers with continuous improvement efforts for the facility in all areas.
- Ensure customer product quality specifications and requirements are met by partnering with QA department.
- Represent the plant on divisional and group levels and serve as a member of the management committee for special studies.
- Oversee 8 to 10 department managers
- Prepare annual budget and oversee departmental budgets to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Promote and engage in the principles of employee involvement, team building and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or 10 years related experience and/or training
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Experience with Japanese Automotive expectations
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits. Relocation will be considered for the right candidate and discussed on an individual basis. Interested candidates should send their resume to Rena.Cater@somicamerica.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer