This position could be located in our Wytheville VA plant or our Brewer ME plant.
- Fast paced manufacturing environment to include assembly, machining, plating, material handling, team leading
- Manufacturer of steering and suspension components to the automotive industry
- 15 Years in Wytheville – part of a Global company with over 100 years of experience
- Stable and growing customer base
- Extremely clean manufacturing facility
- Excellent medical and dental benefits – low cost to employees – benefits are effective the first of the month after the month hired – additional tobacco free discount
- Patient Advocacy
- STD/LTD Insurance at no cost to employee
- 401(k) contribution with company match
- Life insurance at two times annual salary at no cost to employee
- 10 Paid Holidays per year – eligible at hire
- Vacation eligible during your first year
- Sick Time
- Parental Leave
- Clothing allowance including safety shoes and safety glasses
- Quarterly incentive bonus
- Quarterly appreciation luncheon
- Must have a solid work ethic and the ability to work in a repetitive, fast-paced environment
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will apply principles of accounting and cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems and to analyze past and present financial operations and future revenues as well as expenditures to prepare budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans study and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Manage annual audits in accordance with GAPP and IFRS.
- Analyzes data obtained and records results.
- Direct Transfer Audits.
- Special government and customer reporting.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Develops and maintains cost accounting system
- Develops quotations using standardized quotation model, maintenance of quote model.
- Calculates return on investment and IRR to support capital investment requirements.
- Analyzes record of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Maintains budgeted systems which provide control of expenditures made to carry out activities such as advertising and marketing, production, maintenance, or to project activities such as construction of buildings.
- Advises management on matters such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Interprets budget to management.
- Reviews requirements and completes NAFTA reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Business Degree (BS) required and four to six years’ experience and/or training preferred.
- Must take a leadership role within the organization, possess a strong work ethic, be capable of multi-tasking and be an innovative self-starter who can work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build teamwork and cooperation among the work group and interdepartmental is essential.
- Must be versatile with Windows based spreadsheet and database software and possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and other documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or vendors.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with accounting concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software: word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and other related accounting / inventory control software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Great Plains / AIM.
- Experience with API a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be Authorized to work in the US